An APC Chieftain in Rivers State, Igo Aguma Spits Fire, Asked APC NWC to Call Transport Minister, Rotimi Amaechi and former member of the Nigerian Senate, Magnus Abe to Order. Insisting that there are other stakeholders in Rivers State All Progressive Congress other than both of them.
A former federal lawmaker and member of the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State Hon Igochukwu Aguma in an open letter, demanded that the national chairman of APC Adams Oshiomhole, call the minister to transport Rotimi Amaechi and Sen Magnus Abe to order over the protracted Rivers APC Crisis.
Igo Aguma, in an open letter he personally signed and published on national daily and obtained by True Blue Reporters on Tuesday, accused the national leadership of APC of ignoring the huge contribution and interest of other critical stakeholders in Rivers State All Progressive Congress, leaving the party in the state to suffer and reduced to the mercy of the whims and caprices of only two “egocentric” individuals, Rotimi Amaechi and Magnus Abe.
Hon Aguma who described the APC in the state as a party in “helpless” situation, said the leadership of APC in the state have failed woefully. He wondered why the crisis could not be resolved in the build-up to the 2019 general election.
He further questioned why the issue of Edo and the NDDC was only discussed in the said South South Caucus meeting, leaving the Rivers crisis unsettled.
Igo Aguma who frowned, also described the newly inaugurated Caretaker committee set up by the NWC of the party as one that was “skewed” to favor certain interests. He demanded for the disbandment of the CTC, requesting for the setting up of a proper one that will carry all interest along.
He went on to blame the non participation of Rivers APC in the 2019 election on the “ego” of Rotimi Amaechi and Magnus Abe and the inability of the party to recognize the interest of other stakeholders in the party outside Amaechi and Abe.
Among other demands, Hon Igo Aguma, in his open letter, requested the party to:
1. Call the the minister of transportation Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi and Sen Magnus Abe to order.
2. Recognize other stakeholders of the party other than the two names mentioned above.
3. Commence a sincere and serious meeting of all stakeholders of the party with a view to finding a common ground to move the party forward.
4. Desolve the skewed the Caretaker committee of the party that has been docile since inauguration and set up a proper Caretaker committee to negotiate and bring about peace in the party in the state.
5. Set up a committee to investigate the course of our party not participating in the 2019 general election and those found culpable should face disciplinary committee of the party and sanctioned appropriately.