- 2022 Independence Day Speech By President Muhammadu Buhari
- CJN’s Declaration of Support for Wike, G5, Justifies Allegations of A Bias Chief Justice of Nigeria ~Chief Eze Raises Alarm
- NDDC Has Brought 24hrs Modernized Medical Service to Tabaa ~ Dr. Akwa
- FG’s Take Over of Ebonyi’s King David University of Medical Sciences, Eze Says its Buhari’s Best Parting Gift to the Igbos
- Breaking: CBN Announces New Currency For Nigeria, Reveals Notes to Redesign
- Npower Batch C Stream 2 Latest News
The Spokesman of the All Progressives Congress in Rivers State, Mr Darlington Nwauju on Tuesday outlined 18 in number of what he tagged as,
“SOME LEGACIES OF HIS EXCELLENCY RT. HON CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI AS TRANSPORTATION MINISTER”
The party also projected pictures and videos evidence of the existence of such projects in Rivers State to True Blue Reporters and other press men present as follows:
1. Afam Fast Power Project: Construction of US$186 million, 240MW expansion for the existing Afam Power Plant (commenced in 2016, almost completed)
2. Rehabilitation of Sections 1 to 4 of the Enugu — Port Harcourt Expressway (ongoing)
3. Construction of 120 billion Naira Bonny-Bodo Road in Rivers State, jointly funded by the Federal Government and the Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas Company Limited (NLNG)(ongoing)
Construction of 120 billion Naira Bonny-Bodo Road in Rivers State, to link Bonny Island to the Mainland. Originally conceived about 40 years ago, construction flagged off by Vice President Osinbajo in 2017
4. Completion of new Port Harcourt International Airport Terminal
Brand new International Airport Terminal in Rivers State, completed and commissioned in 2018
5. Ground-breaking done in 2021 for reconstruction of Port Harcourt-Maiduguri Rail Line, linking the Southeastern States to a planned new Sea Port in Bonny, and to Northern Nigeria
6. Completion of installation and commissioning into service of a brand new 300MVA 330/132/33kV power transformer in the Alaoji Transmission Substation, increasing the station’s installed capacity from 450MVA to 750MVA and making it the biggest substation in Southern Nigeria. The new Transformer has boosted supply to Enugu Distribution Company, benefiting Abia North (Ohafia, Arochukwu, Item, Abriba), Imo State (Okigwe, Arondi-izuogu), and parts of Ebonyi and Rivers State.
7. Development of Nigeria’s Eastern Ports, to decongest Lagos and to better serve the population in the South East and South South of the country. The Calabar, Rivers, and Onne Ports have witnessed significant infrastructure upgrades and fiscal incentives to promote their attractiveness. An LPG tanker berthed in the Eastern Ports (Rivers Port) for the first time ever in October 2019. That year Onne Port also received its first container ship in twelve years, while Calabar Port received its first container vessels in eleven years).
8. Bonny Deep Seaport Project which is capable of employing over 7000 skilled workers.
9. Hundreds of Rivers people are employed in the Ministry of Transportation, airports across the country, NPA, and many of them trained as seafarers, safety marshals in NIMASA.
10. Commencement of the Port Harcourt-Railway Narrow Gauge rail project now upgraded to standard guage rail.
11. Attracted the Port Harcourt Industrial Park.
12. Attracted the Transportation University, Ubima.
13. Securing the approval and funding of the Lagos-Calabar Rail project. That project is designed to pass through Port Harcourt.
14. Attracted several key appointments to Rivers State.
15. Attracted the Naval War College in Ubima.
16. Influenced the implementation of UNEP Report on Ogoniland (Ogoni clean-up)
17. Influenced the remittance of #78 Billion naira money spent on federal roads to Rivers State.
18. Flagged off the Port Harcourt Maiduguri rail project.
Rivers APC Spokesperson