- Uniport On World Ranking Ladder: Eze Eulogizes VC Georgewill Owunari, Says He’s An Exceptional Administrator
- World Teachers Day: Teachers & Students Honors Sir Lucky Worluh on His Birthday
- Breaking: ASUU Officially Calls Off 8 Months Strike, School Resumes Monday
- Application for Kangan Institute Scholarship Program, Australia 2023/2024
- ASUU STRIKE: President Buhari Blows Hot
- Ignatius Ajuru University Prohibits Students Elections Except Online Only
Vice chancellors have been instructed by the Federal Government to reopen institutions and for students to continue lectures through the National Universities Commission.
This was stated in a letter written by Professor Abubakar Rasheed, the commission’s executive secretary, and signed by Sam Onazi, the NUC’s director of finance and accounts.
A letter issued to all vice chancellors, pro chancellors, and chairs of governing councils of federal institutions was made exclusively available to The PUNCH on Monday.
Part of the letter states, “Ensure that ASUU members promptly resume/commence lectures; Restore the regular activities and routines of the various University campuses.”
True Blue Reporters recalls that the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU has been on strike for months over lingering financial issues and others with Federal Government which closed down learning in Nigeria Universities, leaving students at home