- 2023 Presidential Election: Rivers State Collation Officer, Prof. Teddy Charles Adias Narrates What Truly Transpired
- ELEME: Full Speech By Ngokanya Benjamin at Okerewa Community Signing & Kick Off Of 20yrs Development Project Plan
- Happy Birthday Sir Hon. Lucky Ugochukwu Worluh
- Outcome Of President Tinubu, NLC, TUC Meeting After Protest
- Supreme Court Victory: Governor Fubara Reacts, Speak Of Wike, Others
- President Bola Ahmed Tinubu Signs 2024 Budget Into Law
Bola Ahmed Tinubu has replied Wike’s demand for a refund for series of flyovers built on Federal Roads in Rivers State
Bola Tinubu who spoke at the commissioning of Rumuokwuta Flyover in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, told the Governor of Rivers that he owes him nothing, because the project will be enjoyed by Rivers people.
While making his speech in reply to Governor Wike’s demand for a refund ones the President-elect is sworn in, Bola Tinubu dropped the words while the governor kept laughing to it like it’s a joke.
According to Bola Tinubu, “On the issue of refund for the Fly overs in Federal Roads, I owe you nothing, it is Rivers people that will use it.”
Tinubu further revealed that he will not speak more for now but that he will have the opportunity to discuss with the outgoing governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike.
He thanked the governor and the entire people of Rivers State for their support during the last general election that declared him Winner
Recall, Gov. Wike during his speech at the commissioning programme had informed the President elect that some of his Fly overs are done in Federal Roads in Rivers State and requested for a refunds. He further hinted that he has prepared the request later that his successor, SIM Fubara will sign the letter and send to Tinubu when he’s sworn in.