- APC Chieftain Cautions Federal Government Against Any Planned Infrastructure Award On Gov. Wike, Says its Unmerited & Misplaced
- Resist Payment of Commission to Middlemen, NDDC Warns Contractors
- Tony Okocha Lied If He Claims to Be Leader of Tinubu Family in Rivers State – SDP Chieftain Slams Tony Okocha
- Chris Ngige’s Stand on Preferred Presidential Candidate Ahead of 2023, Eze Replies Those Calling For The Minister’s Sack
- Breaking: Bola Tinubu, Fayemi, Oshiohmole, Umahi Arrives Venue of APC Presidential Rally in Port Harcourt
- 2023 ELECTION: Wike Fires Back At Senator Lee Meeba, Atiku Supporter
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State on Friday in Okrika, Rivers State during the state gubernatorial campaign took swipes on President Buhari and the Central Bank Governor Emefiele over new naira policy.
Governor Wike said, ” Mr President, you and I are leaving office same time and I am in a position to advise you. The naira design policy is anti people and it won’t work.”
He questioned why Mr Emefiele did see the need of coming up with same policy when he was running for the office of the president and have now seen the need for such policy when he didn’t make it.
Wike in a live television told the president that the policy on new naira note is anti people and that it has failed in his promise of living office well. Wike stated that whosever that is advising Buhari on such policy is not doing him well.
ALSO READ: apc-national-condemn-attack-on-rivers-apc-rally-in-port-harcourt-issues-strong-warning-to-rivers-police-command-wike/
He wondered how such policy will warrant him to give out his credit card to his driver whom he wants to get fuel for him merely because he doesn’t have access to cash, despite the cash in his bank account.
He frowned that President Buhari all through his years in office could not fight corruption like he told Nigerians but wants to achieve it in just about 3 months left for him in office.
Wike advised the president not to listen to those he referred to as “misleading him” but have a rethink in such policy that has brought more sufferings to the people in the name of targeting politicians against vote buying.