- Names of Persons Amaechi Made Through Politics, Including Wike ~Eze
- 2023: Fresh Criminal Charges Against Amaechi, Cole, Uncovered ~ Eze Raises Alarm
- Distinguished Achiever on Infrastructure: Honor on Amaechi is Well-deserved ~Chief Eze
- Lucky Worluh Birthday: Arch. Bishop Enyindah, Bishop of Calabar Diocese, Others Pour Out Blessings During Visit
- President Buhari Unveils New Naira Notes
- ON OMEHIA: Wike, Rivers Assembly Should Be Prosecuted For Contempt of Court, They Squandered Rivers Money Not Omehia -APC Chieftain
The Nigerian Senate has formally approved Engr Elekwachi Chukwudi Dimkpa appointment to serve as the representative of Rivers State on the board of the Niger Delta Development Commission.
The Senate also approved the appointment of 12 additional people, including Lauretta Ifeanyi-Onochie, President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant on New Media, as the actual Chairman of the Board of the Niger Delta Development Commission.
The confirmation of Engr. Chukwudi Dimkpa, the Chairman of the Board, Lauretta Onochie, and other board members by the Senate came after the Acting Chairman, Senator Buius Amos, APC, Gombe South, presented and considered the report of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs following their screening last Friday by the senate committee, as well as 12 other nominees.
The appointment of Mr. Samuel Ogbokwu, a resident of Bayelsa State, as managing director was also confirmed. He would hold the position for two years to complete the tenure of his predecessor.
The senate also approved Charles Ogunmola of Ondo State and Major-General Charles Airhiavbere of Edo State as the executive directors for finance and projects, respectively.
The senate also approved the nominations of Dimgba Erugba of Abia State, Dr. Emem Willcox Wills of Akwa Ibom, Denyanbofa Dimaro of Bayelsa State, and Hon. Orok Duke of Cross River.
Alhaji Sadiq Sami Sule – Ikoh (Kebbi State, North-West), Hon. Gbenga Edema (Ondo State), Alhaji Mohammed Kabir Abubakar (Nasarawa State, representing North-Cenral zone), and Prof. Tahir Mamman SAN are among the others who have been confirmed (Adamawa State, North-East).
The president of the federal republic of Nigeria or his representative is expected to inaugurate the board in the coming days