- Mohbad: Police Reveals New Update
- Garlands to Judith Amaechi @ 52 ~ Chief Eze Chukwuemeka
- Silver Chinyerum Wopara, A Globally Renowned Music Producer Bags Entertainment Award
- Big Brother Naija All Stars Season Returns, See Full Names of Housemates
- ALETO ELEME: 2022 Okerewa Unite Christmas Carnival to Hold This December
A Nigerian woman has set the Guinness world record for making the longest hand-made wig.
Helen Williams is said to have constructed a wig stretching up to 351.28m (1,152ft 5in).
According to BBC Africa, She spent 11 days and two million naira (£2,000: $2,500) to create the hairpiece. It took 1,000 bundles of hair, 12 cans of hair spray, 35 tubes of hair glue and 6,250 hair clips.
In disbelief, she said the achievement is “one of the best things that has ever happened” to her.
ALSO READ: nlc-strike-union-lock-up-phed-offices/
Despite being a wigmaker for eight years, she said it was not an easy task as she “felt exhausted” during the process.
“Friends and family encouraged me. I did not want to let them down, so I maintained my focus.
Guinness World Records confirmed the record on Tuesday.
Ms Williams has displayed the wig in her office so people can come and look at her record-setting efforts.
Image source: Guinness World Records.