- Police Welfare, Pension Scheme, IGP Takes New Action
- Roads Taken Over By Fraudsters/419 in Port Harcourt, Road Users Cry Out for Help
- Senate confirms Ola Olukoyede and Muhammad Hammajoda as EFCC Chairman and Secretary respectively
- Emolga Chairman, Chidi Lloyd Declares Two More Persons Wanted
- Siminalaye Fubara First Day in Office, Insecurity Rock Community in Rivers State
- Latest EFCC Reviewed Guidelines on Arrest, Bail and Processing of Suspects.
Victim of the one chance and 419 activities in this Christmas season in Port Harcourt has narrated their ordeal in the hands of the horrible fraudsters on Monday and Tuesday this week
A female victim who simply identified herself as Miss Victoria, who resides in Rumualogu community in Obio/ Akpor local government area describes her experience as a barbaric one and regretted joining a public transport that Monday morning.
Victoria who narrated her experience to True Blue Reporters stated,
“I came out on 19th December 2022, Monday morning at the junction close to where I reside in Rumualogu, the popular Okey Wali Junction. While waiting, a taxi came out carrying 2 other persons, a man and a woman carrying a child.”
“They stopped to pick passenger and I inquired from the driver if they were going to Rumuokwuta. He replied yes I should enter. I sat in front and the driver accelerated.” She said
“Almost immediately, the lady in front with me was shifting herself uncomfortably and I was like pls let’s just manage the front seat but she kept saying she’s not sitting fine. So the driver asked her to shift the seat backwards. I held her back which she gave to me to hold.”
“Not up two minutes, the drivers said I should be the one to shift the chair back ward. The driver held my hand to show me where to press in the chair, at that time, I didn’t know the lady had collected my phone from my bag.”
Then the driver said I should leave the chair and go back. I agreed, came down and to my surprise, the car left without me. I didn’t notice my phone was off until I go to the office and realized all that happened to me.”
She advised road users to be careful of vehicles they enter because in her own case, a lady carrying a child was even part of them unknown to her.