- Elele Alimini: Traditional Chieftaincy Tussle, Court Remands Erring Oha’s
- Breaking: PDP Crisis, Benue Court Purportedly Restrains Iyorchia Ayu From Parading As PDP National Chairman
- 2023: The Decision of the Lower Court to Disqualify Rivers APC Candidates Was an Error -Appeal Court Rules
- Rivers 2023: Chief Eze Commends Judiciary for Saving Democracy from Collapse
- Breaking: Court Dismisses Suit Seeking to Stop Tonye Cole, APC
- Breaking: Court Frees Nnamdi Kanu
The Appeal Court on Tuesday invalidated the judgement of the lower court which disqualified the candidate of All Progressives Congress, APC, Timipre Sylva from participating in the forthcoming Bayelsa State Governorship Election
According to the judgement delivered at the appeal court, “The First Respondent (Deme Kolomo) is not an aspirant in the elections and therefore lacks the locus standi to institute the case.”
On issue regarding whether a party has a power to institute an action. The court also held that the 1st Respondent lack the locus standi to institute an action in the lower court and therefore the court lack jurisdiction to entertain it.
This court been academic court can not exercise jurisdiction where the lower court lack.
“The court therefore allowed the appeal and held that the appeal is meritorious and a cost of 1m awarded to the Appellant.”
Like/Follow our page