- 2023 Election: APC Senatorial Candidate, Ndubuisi Nwankwo Gets Royal Blessings
- I am The Right Man, Vote Me For Obio/Akpor State Assembly Constituency 2 ~ Alex Wele Charges Electorates
- Breaking: Nyesom Wike and His Group Pulls Out of Atiku’s Campaign, Gives Reasons
- Keep Faith, Its Not Over – Chief Eze Urges Rivers APC Members
- Eze Writes Rivers People Ahead of March 18 Polls
- Elele Alimini: Traditional Chieftaincy Tussle, Court Remands Erring Oha’s
The court of appeal sitting in Lagos State on Thursday dismissed an appeal brought to it by candidate in the All Progressives Congress who participated in the last general election in Rivers State
Ina significant Judgement at the Division Court of Appeal, Lagos Division in the case of Ndubuisi Nwankwo Uzuije Vs. Onyesoh Allwell Heacho & 2 othrs; Appeal No: CA/ABJ/EP/HR/SEN/RV/52/2023; the Appeal Court dismissed the case of the Appellants, for lack of merit.
The presiding Justice, who is said to have thoroughly analyzed two major grounds raised by the appellant and is said to have found them to be without merit and unsubstantiated.
According to the judge, “the grounds for the appeal, were unfounded and lacked evidence to support them.”
The two major grounds of appeal of the appellants that were dismissed by the unanimous decision of Our Justices were:
• That, the appellant reliance on Form EC 8B2, which is ward results without providing substantial evidence from the polling units cannot avail the Appellant.
• Fair hearing: The Justices dismissed the appellant claim that they were not given a fair hearing.
The Court of Appeal, after careful consideration of the evidence presented, has determined that there was no miscarriage of Justice by the Judgment of the Election Petition Tribunal.
By this, it is the end of the road for the APC senatorial candidate NDUBUISI NWANKWO unless he plans to contest again for the next general election