- SENATOR ABE: FATED TO BE GREAT —By Kennedy Friday
- NDDC/ESI Trains Hundreds of Persons From Niger Delta on Agency Banking, POS
- BREAKING: New Naira Note Policy, Gov. Wike Slams President Buhari, Emefiele
- Names of Ministerial Nominees Confirmed By Senate So Far
- 57 Garlands to Hon. Onari: Chief Eze Describes Onari As An Icon, A Philanthropist per excellence, An Enigma, A Compassionate, Visionary, Result Oriented Personality
- Outcome Of President Tinubu, NLC, TUC Meeting After Protest
Rowdy session in Senate on Monday during the screening of a ministerial Nominee sent to the Senate by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Festus Keyamo
Trouble began when Senator Darlington Nwokocha raised a point of order in the Senate over what he referred to as careless comments by Festus Keyamo against the previous Senate over allegation of embezzlement of billions of naira worth 52Billion under the guides of Presidential 1000 special work force
The senator aledged that Festus Keyamo under Former President Buhari’s administration refused to honor several invitations by the Senate rather chose to speak ill of the red chamber which today he’s seeking their confirmation.
Senator Nwokocha motion was seconded by Senator Abaribe, making it a severe issue before the Senate that could end the continuation and further disqualification of the Ministerial Nominee.
A situation which later led the president of the Senate Godswill Akpabio into a voice vote. But most of the senators seem to have voted against Festus Keyamo going ahead with the screening.
The rowdy session turned uncontrollably and forced the Senate President to stand up from his seat and read the Senate rule on the implication of a senate president standing. It took this process to calm the situation down.
ALSO READ: job-vacancy-at-ecobank-nigeria/
The Senate leader was then called a upon, he later moved a motion that saw the senators into a close door session to decide the fate of Festus Keyamo
It is still not clear on what the resolution of the Senate will be, as they have agreed to extend it’s sitting beyond 2pm on Monday after their close door session over Festus Keyamo issue