- Legacy Projects Will Be Our Focus ~ NDDC MD
- 18 Projects Attracted to Rivers State By Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi As Minister
- BREAKING: Okerewa Community Development Initiative Awards Road Contracts, Skills, Others In Okerewa
- Okerewa Community Development Trust Embarks On Community Numbering Amidst Numerous Projects
- 57 Garlands to Hon. Onari: Chief Eze Describes Onari As An Icon, A Philanthropist per excellence, An Enigma, A Compassionate, Visionary, Result Oriented Personality
- Offer of Ministerial Position On Communication By Tinubu, Oseni Rufai Reacts
The strike embarked upon by the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC and the Trade Union Congress, TUC has taken another dimension on the second day as the both union are now pressing harder to enforce strict compliance by members and affiliate Union
True Blue Reporters was at the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company, Alpha Zone 1 Rumuola and can confirm that offices are locked up, as few staff seen within the premises where doing nothing while others took it upon themselves to attend to waiting customer in the little way they can outside the official duty.
Some of the staff who spoke with True Blue Reporters in anonymity narrated that they had already resumed for work Wednesday morning and where later forced out of office by Union members who came in unannounced.
“You can see that our customers service unit is under lock and key. All vehicles parked. Other services are not going on because we have now joined the ongoing strike by Labor Union”, he stated
Other PHED Offices within Port Harcourt are also not attending to customers on full capacity following the strike. It is expected that others may join the ongoing strike if nothing is done to avert it.
Nigeria Labour Congress had embarked on strike Tuesday following the manhandling of its union chairman Joe Ajero in Imo State over what the government of the state tagged political rally participation to weaken the chances of their election victory.
Labour who had threatened series of strike used the opportunity to finally carry out the strike action after it accused the federal government of not taking it’s plight and complain seriously