- Supreme Court Affirm Abba Yusuf As Governor of Kano State
- President Tinubu Appoints New Board of NDDC
- Okerewa Onensi Carnival 2023 Begins, Project Tour Ongoing
- Breaking: Wike Receives Bola Tinubu in Government House
- Ministerial Nominee Collapse During Screening
- Protest Letter Presented to INEC By Rivers State Women, As They Raises Alarm Over Grand Plot By INEC Officials to Manipulate, Alter & Rig Election Results On Saturday
The Uniport Alumni Rivers State chapter has constituted a 3-man peace committee on Friday to pilot the affairs of the Alumni for the period of six months and possibly conduct peaceful election for the Alumni
According to Celestine Ogolo, the BoA Secretary,
“Following the intractable crisis that engulfed the Rivers State Chapter of our association and the subsequent meeting of elders, stakeholders and caucus of the Chapter, a 3-man Peace Committee to run the affairs of the association for the next six months( starting from September 2023) was set up.”
“The members of the Committee are- Mr Iyekor Ikporo- Chairman; Dr Gloria U. G. Akanibo- Secretary and Dr Osuala Ifeoma Queen Philip- Treasurer.”
He further revealed when the committee will be inaugurated.
“Please, be informed that the Committee would be inaugurated on Saturday September 2, 2023 at Hotel Presidential, PH by 4pm.
Members are requested to attend.” He stated
True Blue Reporters reports that crisis had rocked the Uniport Alumni Rivers State Chapter following several trials to conduct fresh election for the various leadership positions in the Alumni, which warranted the National body of the Alumni intervening with a stop in the electioneering process and conduct.